This page is devoted to books, blogs, websites, and other sources of information that we have used to get information, entertainment, and insights.
- andrewskurka.com – This guy is just down to earth and isn’t trying to hock anything. He just gives his best thoughts on subjects.
- pmags.com – He’s friends with Skurka and has great ideas about budget gear. Could go under the blog section as well.
- sailboatdata.com – A great website to get specifications on all types of sailboats
- bluewaterboats.org – A website that has information about “blue water” sailboats
- Compass Marine – An extraordinary website to get technical information on bedding hardware, batteries, etc.
- sailboat-cruising.com – Lots of general and specific information; formulas for sails, ratios, and other things; even information on fishing.
- Sailing Simplicity
- Commuter Cruiser (This could really go under the website heading as well. Lots of great information here.)
- Water-Log (I just found this one and have only read a few posts, but they have sponsors, or collaborators, and a super polished, commercial type site and I thought someone might be interested to see how it could be done that way, too.)
- John Peltier (Photographer, writer, sailor, hiker . . . a man with whom I can certainly relate)
- The Long Way by Bernard Moistessier
- Sailing in a Spoonful of Water by Joe Coomer
- Caribbean Passagemaking: A Cruiser’s Guide by Les Weatheritt
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig
- The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff
- Nigel Calder’s Cruising Handbook by Nigel Calder
- Cost Conscious Cruiser: Champagne Cruising on a Beer Budget by Lin and Larry Pardey
- Voyaging on a Small Income by Annie Hill
- The Cruising Life: A Commonsense Guide for the Would-Be Voyager by Jim Trefethen
- Why Didn’t I Think of That by John and Susan Roberts